Friday, May 7, 2010

Roma!

Truly an inspirational place for all the arts, it was everywhere, no matter where I turned I was in awe. The difficulty was being able to focus on the photographable and not the unfamiliarity. I came prepared though with a bit of research on the internet and list of places of photo interest. There was little time, exactly 2.5 days and the first was a rainy one. Over the years, I learned to take advantage with what was available to work with; especially the rain. But it doesn't always rain when they say it does, besides, rain is like nature's varnish on your subject matter. Seek and you shall find! Hopefully the timing for all the right elements works out. Coloseum, sunrise, rain and yes a slight break in the sky.
So, I decided to leave at 5:00 am anyways. Rising early after a transatlantic flight is the best remedy for jet lag. It was still dark, with a bit of purple dawn breaking the horizon as I glanced hurrriedly down the open street turning the corner for the subway....more later...more photos
http://www.jbphotoworks.com/roma

No comments:

Post a Comment